Glazed Chicken Wings, Roast Potatoes, Sweetcorn, and Broccoli
Last updated: October 2023
This is a meal for a day when you feel hungry and are prepared to spend a little more time in the kitchen. It is a well-balanced dish, and also very satisfying. It leaves me full afterwards.
Glazed chicken wings alright for me to have on the occasionally, but I don’t make it a regular thing, as meat tends to be higher in protein, and tends to impact my kidneys.
In addition to chronic kidney disease, I also live with lupus. These wings are a recipe from a lupus book that I purchased and modified. Because potatoes are high in potassium, I only include them in one meal per day. Corn is rich in many nutrients and can aid people suffering with kidney disease.
Makes 1 serving
Ingredients for glazed chicken wings, roast potatoes, sweetcorn, and broccoli
- 3 chicken wings
- 50 g mini potatoes
- 1/2 cup of sweetcorn
- 2 tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp chicken seasoning of your liking
- 2 tsp all purpose seasoning
Directions for glazed chicken wings, roast potatoes, sweetcorn, and broccoli
- Wash and season your chicken wings with all purpose seasoning and your chicken seasoning. I used garlic, ginger, paprika and black pepper, but you can use any combination of seasonings you would like.
- Let the chicken marinate in that seasoning for about 3-4 hours in the fridge, or overnight for maximum flavor.
- Peal your potatoes and boil them for about 10-15 minutes in a pot over medium heat.
- Once your potatoes are soft on the outside, but hard on the inside, drain the water from the pot.
- If you'd like, you can add seasonings to them.
- Put your potatoes on a baking sheet and bake them for about 45 minutes at 400 degrees Fahrenheit, or until they are crispy.
- Preheat your air fryer to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place the chicken in the air fryer for about 20 minutes until the internal temperature reached 165 degrees Fahrenheit, flipping them halfway through cooking.
- Check potatoes and turn them to ensure they are cooking thoroughly.
- Once your chicken and potatoes are cooked add your sweetcorn and serve.
This or That
In addition to chronic kidney disease, do you also live with diabetes?
- calories: 496
- cholesterol: 0mg
- dietary fiber: 4g
- protein: 37g
- sodium: 202mg
- sugars: 6g
- total carbohydrates: 30g
- total fat: 22g
Disclaimer: Chronic-Kidney-Disease.net does not provide any express or implied warrant toward the content or outcome of any recipe.
Do you have chronic kidney disease without any symptoms?