Strawberry Hibiscus Lemonade Mocktail
Last updated: November 2023
When I created this recipe, it was a hot day of 96 degrees and the craving for lemonade was substantial. With my favorite Tazo Hibiscus tea already brewed (caffeine free), fresh strawberries in the fridge. I decided to jazz up my intended lemonade. I don't know about you, but Wendy's strawberry lemonade used to be my favorite. Once I decided to cut back from drinking anything but water and ordered one, I realized that it was incredibly sweet. When you drink it you just know this can't be the best, but it tastes great doesn't it?
Well, no more! Using a homemade simple syrup recipe will help you create your own beverages controlling how much and what kind of sweetener you are ingesting. I included my homemade simple syrup recipe below, but this is optional! The stars of this drink are lemons, Tazo hibiscus tea, and strawberries. Having a cup of tea is so relaxing for me, especially after a long day. It's caffeine free and a great drink alternative for relaxation. Lemons help naturally to alkalize water by balancing ph. They also aid in digestion and are a good source of vitamin C. It's very common that people ask for lemon water in restaurants and they usually have no knowledge of how good they are being to themselves by requesting it, but for taste purposes solely. I hope you enjoy this mocktail just as much as I did.
Makes 2 servings
- Cocktail shaker and strainer or a tall cup for mixing
- Small pot
- Muddler or spoon
- Measuring cups
Ingredients for homemade simple syrup
- 1 cup of water
- 1 cup of sugar
Directions for homemade simple syrup
- Combine 1 cup of sugar and 1 cup of water in a pot and stir to combine.
- On medium heat, let sugar dissolve completely and let cool.
- Store in jar or air tight container up to 7 days in the refrigerator.
Ingredients for strawberry hibiscus lemonade mocktail
- 6 Strawberries
- 3 Lemons (use half of 1 lemon for garnishing)
- 3 oz. simple syrup (recipe above)
- 6 oz. water
- 4 oz. of brewed Tazo hibiscus tea (passion tea)
Directions for strawberry hibiscus lemonade mocktail
- Roll and juice 2.5 lemons directly into the shaker. If using a cup, find another vessel to juice your lemons into before putting lemon juice in your mixing cup to omit seeds.
- Thinly slice 4 strawberries and put into cocktail shaker or glass. Muddle with a spoon or muddler to get the best strawberry taste.
- Add some simple syrup to your liking (optional), hibiscus tea, and water and shake (or stir if using a tall glass).
- Taste and adjust for sweetness as needed.
- Fill desired beverage cup with ice, strain, or pour mixed beverage in cup.
This or That
In addition to chronic kidney disease, do you also live with diabetes?
- calories: 294
- cholesterol: 0mg
- dietary fiber: 17g
- protein: 3g
- sodium: 8mg
- sugars: 56g
- total carbohydrates: 74g
- total fat: 2g
Disclaimer: Chronic-Kidney-Disease.net does not provide any express or implied warrant toward the content or outcome of any recipe.
Do you have chronic kidney disease without any symptoms?