Italian Herb Chicken With Mediterranean Rice
I'm huge on quick and easy dishes that still pack flavor. Standing on my feet to cook a meal for hours on end with CKD is tiring, and I'm just not able to do it anymore. On multiple occasions, I have cooked meals and wiped myself out, and then not even bothered to eat because when I was all done, I was more ready for bed than dinner.
This is a recipe for these times. I know dinner can be an overwhelming task it is for me, as I'm sure many can relate. This recipe can be changed to your liking. I kept it simple with just a few ingredients.
Makes 4 servings
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 35-45 minutes
Ingredients for Italian herb chicken
- Maggi so juicy Italian herb pack
- 2 large white onions
- 2 large red bell peppers
- A pinch of salt
- 1 tsp of black pepper
- 2 cups of cherry tomatoes
- 2 oz. of chicken thigh fillets
- Uncle Ben's Mediterranean Rice packet (220 g)
Directions for Italian herb chicken
- Get your chicken thigh fillets and season with black pepper and salt and put aside.
- Get your red bell peppers and white onions and cut them into thin slices. Add all of your ingredients to the Maggi So Juicy Italian Herb Bag.
- Add a little water to the bag which will product a juicy sauce you can use later.
- Once you assemble your pack, close the bag, mix well, and lay it flat on an oven dish.
- Cook in the oven at 180 degrees Fahrenheit for 35-45 minutes.
- Cook your Mediterranean rice hot as your cooking bag is resting as it will be piping hot.
- Carefully open the bag containing your chicken and build your plate with the chicken and the rice.
This or That
In addition to chronic kidney disease, do you also live with diabetes?
- calories: 300
- cholesterol: 13mg
- dietary fiber: 5g
- protein: 22g
- sodium: 62mg
- sugars: 10g
- total carbohydrates: 69g
- total fat: 4g
Disclaimer: Chronic-Kidney-Disease.net does not provide any express or implied warrant toward the content or outcome of any recipe.
Have you taken our In America Survey yet?