Last updated: November 2023
Focaccia bread is one of the primarily soft and tasty loaves of bread for all different dishes, like soups, sandwiches, and dipping. This recipe is perfect for me when I feel the lack of appetite and even on my more fatigued days.
Especially for beginner cookers, this recipe is easy because you don't need to do much work. Just four ingredients and you have a soft and pillowy, olive oil-crusted, and golden focaccia bread.
Makes 5 servings
Ingredients for focaccia bread
- 4 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tsp yeast
- Sea salt
- 2 cups water
- Olive oil
- Rosemary, or any other seasonings you like
Directions for focaccia bread
- Whisk together the flour and salt in a bowl and leave on the side.
- Mix 2 cups of water and 2 tsp of yeast in a separate bowl. Add your water the mixture to the flour bowl. Use a spatula to mix it all.
- Drown the dough in olive oil and cover the bowl, ready to leave in the fridge overnight. Immediately add the covered bowl into the refrigerator for 12-18 hours (or longer, I have left it up to 24 hours).
- Deflate the bowl and transfer it to a pan; I used (12.8 x 9.1 in) transparent baking dish. If you use a clear pan, please butter the pan so the bread dough doesn't stick to the bottom of it and burn. Add more olive oil all over the dough in the dish pan, then leave it for an additional 2-4 hours.
- After 2-4 hours, get your olive oil, sea salt, rosemary, and any other seasonings of your choice. Sprinkle them on top of the dough.
- Then, it's time to get your fingers and press straight down in the dough to dimple it. Transfer to oven immediately and bake at 425ºF for 25 minutes or until golden brown.
This or That
In addition to chronic kidney disease, do you also live with diabetes?
- calories: 394
- cholesterol: 0mg
- dietary fiber: 4g
- protein: 14g
- sodium: 5587mg
- sugars: 0g
- total carbohydrates: 81g
- total fat: 1g
Disclaimer: Chronic-Kidney-Disease.net does not provide any express or implied warrant toward the content or outcome of any recipe.
Do you have chronic kidney disease without any symptoms?